General Volunteer Information
1) When you receive your Volunteer Handbook at the event, be sure to look at the enclosed map of Windham High School and become familiar with the location of restrooms, the pool, the swimmer's bullpen, locker rooms, entrances, exits and the gyms. Award Presentations, Arts & Crafts, Family Hospitality, food, and souvenir concessions are located in the small gym. Button & Photo souvenirs are available in the hallway outside the Small Gym (where Volunteer Orientation occurs). All other entertainment and sports clinics, including the 3 P.M. demonstration will occur in the Main Gym.
2) Opening Ceremonies will begin at 9:15 A.M. in the Main Gym. Please get yourself seated in the bleachers as soon as possible so that the Ceremonies may begin promptly.
3) Lunch will occur in 2 shifts: the 1st will begin at approximately 11:30 A.M., all the athletes who swim in the afternoon, as well as their volunteer buddies should eat during the first shift. All other volunteers, sports clinic athletes and morning swimmers should eat during the second shift which begin at approximately 12-12:30 P.M. Volunteers should use their lunch tickets to pick up their lunch, which will
be given to them at the Volunteer Registration Table. Athletes use their wristbands to get lunch.
4) PLEASE - NO FOOD or DRINKS in the Main Gym at ANY TIME.
5) All awards will be presented in the Small Gym immediately following each swim event. If athletes are swimming again, they should return to the bullpen to be staged for their next event. Try not to "hang out" in the bullpen unless your athlete is swimming again. Please listen for their name being called.
6) Check the Swim Schedule for times of events. They are listed in the handout and events being staged will also be posted outside of the swimmer's bullpen. If not swimming, encourage participation in all the other activities.
7) Ronald McDonald usually arrives around 11 A.M. and is available for a few hours to have pictures taken with him. FREE photo buttons are available to every athlete.
8) When NOT swimming, make sure ALL athletes have appropriate footwear and clothing (warm-ups) on at all times.
9) All athletes will be wearing an identifying wristband (it has their name, team name, age, and swim events on it) as well as name tags.
10) Please wear your name tag on your shirt at all times and identify what your designated volunteer role is on your name tag.
11) PLEASE do not bring any personal belongings to the events. If possible keep personal belongings (i.e. coats, purses, wallets, iPods, cell phones, etc.) at home or in your locked car for the event. If you must keep them with you please keep items WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES.
12) If receiving community service hours, you must pick your form up at the end of the event.